Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tokidoki Kabuki Brush

Hey hey,
Firstly, apologies for the lack of blogging. I was meant to post a few articles before Christmas aka the 'silly season', however I was swept up in all things Christmas and did not post a single thing.

Having said that, I'm looking to post at least a minimum of 1 article a fortnight. That's right, you heard it... now let's see if I stick to it!

Today I'm going to review the Tokidoki Kabuki Brush.

This picture has been taken while the brush is in the box. The box is pretty cool and smothered in too cool for school artwork! Love it!

Stats:

Purchased at Sephora (in Hawaii - sooo totally in love with Hawaii) - US$28

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P257108

Synthetic, super super soft white and purple tipped brush

Square handle with cute Tokidoki patterns

__________________________________________________________________

My thoughts:

I was sucked in by the brand for this purchase (big fan of the Tokidoki Cactus Kids & Cactus Pups). The price was also quite good. This is a super super super soft synthetic brush. I use it to apply powder after foundation (in particular MAC Mineralized Skin Finish). I find that you can really buff the product in if it's what you're looking to use it for. Also, the brush picks up a good amount of product.

Cons - when cleaning it's a pain as the product stains the white section of the brush. Yep, even when you're cleaning it, so you will need to wash it a few times to restore it's whiteness! When I'm using it can sometimes feel sticky when applying the finishing powder. I think this is mainly due to the foundation I'm using (need to wait a minute to let it dry), so I think this is a user problem rather than a product problem! ekk!

Overall, I think it was a good buy. I don't own any other kabuki brushes, so this one serves its purpose in my makeup brush kit.

Go Tokidoki! Random translation - this means sometimes in Japanese.

Later,

Ivy


No comments:

Post a Comment