Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fibrewig Mascara by Imju

Mascara! Where to start?!

I have short lashes that point straight out. No long lovely curly lashes for me! This makes mascara very important. I'm looking for length but it's also important that I use more of a wax (or drier) based mascara so it will hold the curl from my lash curler.

I tried using Fibrewig a while ago now and I must say it's really going to give you the length you're looking for.




Breakdown - It claims to give length as it has little black fibres that stick to your natural lashes. It also claims that it won't smudge, and that it will easily come off with warm water.

Sounds too good to be true hu? Well, it actually works and does all of these things! When you apply it, you use the tip vertically and push up along your lashes so the fibers stick to your natural lashes. Then you wiggle the brush from side to side horizontally from root to tip. It's a nice black colour as well. It doesn't smudge which is great because I really can't stand the whole black rings on the bottom on my eyes half way through the afternoon. When it comes to removing it you just need to wet your eyes and then you can gently rub the mascara off between your fingers. I use a cotton pad with eye makeup remover which removes the mascara.

Where do you buy it? I bought mine at a store in Chinatown Sydney (I have no idea what it's called, but it's the really pink one near the Asian music and DVD store....I know that doesn't really give you an idea) but I know they sell it at AKA Cosmetics. I think I paid around AU$35-40, but it's worth it.

How long does it last? I had mine for 3 months and then I threw it out (being the good mascara wearer... I never keep any mascara longer than 3 months in fear of pink eye and other eye infections). I probably used 2 coats per day.

Did I buy it again? No. The only reason being is that I love checking out new products. Even if the current one was great (which this one is great) I can't help but trying a new product just to see what it's like. I know..... I'm really a lost cause like this!

Highly recommend Aqua Beauty Dream Land - has great reviews on products and a fantastic review on Fibrewig Mascara. Check it out!
http://aquabeautydream.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/tubing-mascara-review-1-original.html

Happy mascara-ing,
Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment